Friday, July 13, 2012

1880 - Sad Accident - Families Switched Houses Resulting in Two Accidents

Sad Accident.

A little child four years of age, of Mr. Webster of Canaan, was fatally scalded last Friday, by falling into a pail of boiling water, which its mother had prepared for washing the floor. The family had but just that day moved into their new home.

The same day a Mrs. Shackford, a lady about sixty years of age, through a misstep, fell the entire length of the cellar stairs, breaking several ribs, and otherwise seriously injuring her—though not fatally.

The Webster and Shackford families had exchanged houses that day, Mr. Webster moving into Mr. Shackford’s house and the latter into the house formerly occupied by Mr. Webster, and both met with injuries narrated.

The People and New Hampshire Patriot
Concord, New Hampshire
22 Apr 1880

No comments: